Thursday, May 04, 2006

In a cloud of smoke and burnt wires

So I can't think of anything I've ever actually blown up before. My dad was a science teacher and he blew stuff up. My brother was, well, a boy (need I say more) and he blew stuff up. My mom tried to light the BBQ once without lifting the top and there was a fairly good sized explosion but I don't think I've ever blown anything up. Hairdryers have quite working and I've burned stuff in garbage barrels that probably shouldn't but I don't remember that they blew up.

Today I blew something up.

I was sitting on my couch watching what apparently was some explosive news coverage. The TV sort of fizzled once, shorted twice and then sort of exploded. No more TV for me. I'd forgotten how disgusting the smell of burnt plastic is. My house reeks.

This could be a good thing. Perhaps this is God's way of telling me to find something to do other than watch TV. Could it have been another day? I want to watch the O.C today. Plus, who can afford to buy a new one? And, seriously, how do I get out that smell!

Oops!

1 comment:

Tim and/or Wyatt said...

Funny story Stacey. Thanks for the nice comment on our blog - I'm also enjoying reading "spare parts", except for all the Oilers propaganda of course :)