Thursday, May 11, 2006

Proud to be a northern girl

Okay, so someone from Yellowknife would call me a southern girl but all these Calgary folks I hang out with consider me a northern girl and today I've got more reason to be proud.

At the risk of spouting off too much Oiler propaganda, let me just point out that that was one heck of hockey game last night. I had decided halfway through the SECOND OVERTIME that win or lose, I was a proud hockey fan. They played incredible - they schooled the sharks, quite frankly - and deserved the win. Then, in the third overtime, they did! That's even better. That's as close to the glory days of the Oilers of old that I've seen. I love it.

Craig McTavish, if you're reading this, sign Dwayne Roloson.

Hats off to Toskala who nearly stood on his head. That's some serious goaltending.

Now all I ask is this: next time, can we do it before 1 am?

No comments: