Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Fernando Pisani...


...is the Molson first star and my hero! Seriously. He scored not once, but twice tonight, the second goal coming at 3:31 shorthanded in overtime to win not only the game but their playoff lives. Seriously! Doing so, he made history. Pisani's breakaway goal was the first overtime, shorthanded goal in Stanley Cup Final history. It also was the first overtime, shorthanded goal that prevented a team from being eliminated.Love it! Yes, Yes I do. The Oilers are alive and well and the series stands at 3-2 Carolina.

I didn't watch the game. No, it wasn't because my heart couldn't handle it - although I don't know what I would have done with the stress - but because I was playing ball. I expected it to be done when we were finished but instead I got to listen to overtime in my car. When Pisani scored I was whooping and hollering in my car. I was sure people on the Deerfoot were going to think I was nuts until I looked over and the couple in the next car were cheering too. There are some smart people in Calgary!

Pisani, Pronger, Raffi, Smitty...ah I love the boys. Sounds like the power play was better and they all came out alive. That's my team! You can bet I'm going to be watching the highlight reel tonight.

After the first game, my prediction was Edmonton for the cup in 7 games, a combined score of 8. I have to admit I was nervous about that prediction but I still believe.

To steal a line from the announcer tonight, they've traveled a lot, they may be tired, they might run out of gas, but they'll never run out of oil (I know, cheesy, isn't it!?).

Put the cup back in the box, we're going back home to Edmonton for game 6...I love the boys in blue!

No comments: