Friday, September 29, 2006

Journeying Onward

Okay, so here's a little bit of excitment in my world - Journey's official public launch is October 1st! I can't wait to see what God is going to do. We're anticipating big things. I don't really know how that will be seen - whether it will be the number of people there, seeing new faces who have never been to a fellowship of believers before, even just one, come, finding an increased passion fill our number - but I anticipate it none the less.

One of my roles at Journey comes in the form of the servant evangelism director. I'm still figuring out what that title means but I do know that its finding me more and more at the place where my passion and the needs of our community are meeting. I'm learning more and more about what it means to be a follower of Christ through this whole development process and, again, am excited about how God will continue to teach me, mold me, grow me and use me for His kingdom as I am willing and open to His movement. It's an exciting thing.

One of the things I've decided to do as a part of this role is to start a NEW BLOG specifically dedicated to Journey Church as a resource for all things "servant evangelism" related. What I'm hoping though is that it will go even beyond the community of Journey and that it can spur on good discussion throughout the kingdom about this aspect of our faith...'cause we're all on a Journey To The World. So I would appreciate people checking it out, sharing their ideas and growing with me - how's that for a straight up plug!? I wonder how that would fit into a Marketing 101 class. Just remember that the blog, like me, is a work in progress. Anyway, here's hoping that y'all will join in on the discussion!

No comments: