Monday, October 30, 2006

Question of the Day

One of the "roles" that I adopted as leadership on the Christian College and University fairs was providing the question of the day. Seriously, it came about totally by accident. Let me explain. Julie and I had been asking random questions on the bus, one of them being 'if you were an animal, what would you be and why?' That sort of random. Well, that night at our event, I decided we needed something fun to distract us so I asked EVERYBODY. All the recruiters and even some of the students. It was a fun distraction - fun for me to see the conversations spurred on because of my randomness but also interesting to learn about my fellow travellers. You can learn a lot about someone by asking something that random! From that night on, of course, they expected a question at every venue...not that I minded all that much.

Of course, they expected me to have answers to the questions I asked too. Go figure. In my current state of self reflection, it was interesting for me to find that I learned a bit about myself by my answers.

Question: If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

Answer: No, I'm not a flamingo and I won't stand on one leg so you can decide!I decided that I would be a koala bear (or a panda bear) because they are soft, cuddly and cute ('cause I'm cute) but feisty when they need to be. Plus, they eat relatively healthy stuff and live in warm places. I like warm. One of the girls added that they're a somewhat motherly too. I could add that to my description. They don't call me 'momma stacey' around the college for nothing!


Question: If your life is a TV show, what would the theme song be?

Answer: "Waiting for the World To Change" John Mayer, from the Continuum album...'cause I'm resltess and feel like I am waiting for the world to change...looking for my part in the process

Question: If you were a cartoon character, who would you be and why? Which cartoon character best reflects your personality?

Answer: I choose nemo. I like a little bit of adventure and am more than a little bit curious, asking "why" and learning all I can. Like Nemo, I feel lost and lonely a lot of the time but I know my daddy (abba Father) is always looking out for me.



So does anyone want to share their answers to these questions? I'm curious now. Or, if you have a good question, I might just be game!

2 comments:

Dayna Chu said...

Okay, but you know I should really be submitting my receipts right now so that we don't get evicted from our first hotel in Ontario!...

Animal: Eagle comes to mind, is that egotistical? Anyway, I would love to fly and don't mind kicking others out of the nest as a primary method of teaching.

Theme Song: On the Road again...
or Wide Open Spaces (Dixie Chicks)
or my original answer on the fairs, Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield) or
Keep on Shinin' (Third Day) or
Blessed Be Your Name (Matt Redman)
Brave "...so long status quo!" (Nicole Nordeman)
Okay that was totally cheating because I bet that 6 songs doesn't really count.

Cartoon Character... Who can REALLY beat Ruth as herself, or Patty as Dora the Explorer? Honestly. So lately, I have felt like Dory from Nemo... kinda out of it and forgetful (but thanks to my trusty leadership team, nobody would know it?!) Let's go with Fiona... I've always found fairy tale princesses aggrevating... Shrek is just that willfully defiant cartoon that faces reality head on.

Now I want to post these questions on my blog! :) Act surprised... and start thinking about QOD's for Ontario Fairs... it's now officially in your job description.

Stephen said...

I can't remember my answers to some of these questions from tour so I guess that means that I get to answer them fresh.

Question: If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

I think that my tour answer was wolf, because they are excellent pack animals that take care of each other but also tend to have a solitary nature about them. And they're furry not feathery.

Question: If your life is a TV show, what would the theme song be?

Songs are always hard for me. I have too many favorites. I think my song on tour was "Unfailling Love" Chris Tomlin. But I'd also like something like Rawkfist-TFK, or even Moment of the Day-TFK. But really the more I sit and think the more come to mind... can we stay away from music?? They're hard.

If you were a cartoon character, who would you be and why? Which cartoon character best reflects your personality?
Wolverine, it's the side burns...

Personality- (20 mins of thinking) I don't know... I throw this one back out there. Maybe Alvin from the Chipmunks? Loves to sing, is outgoing, but gets into trouble lots?