Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's So Scary


I hope everyone is recovering from their post-Halloween sugar hangover. Once again, the little kiddies were out in full force getting treats and playing tricks...although neither happened at our house!

In honor of the "holiday," I figured it would be worth sharing some of the scary Halloween trivia I found over the last 24 hours.

  • Halloween is the second highest spending holiday for North Americans, second only to Christmas
  • Halloween ranks 8th on the list of card sending holidays. Who sends cards on Halloween is what I want to know?! (You can admit it if you're a card sender.) Seriously, I don't want cards when there's that much chocolate around!
  • British Columbia is the province that will spend the most on Halloween
  • Quebec is the province that will spend the least
  • Only 54 days left until Christmas...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a total of 11 kids stop by (most of them the teenage, throw-a-hat-on-and-call-it-a-costume variety). Some years we have closer to 100. I blame Canada actually...the Alberta Clipper (actually, it's more like the Manitoba Clipper) struck last night. The cold air drove the kids indoors. Yes I realize these temps will be warm compared to next month, but it does take some time to get used to it at the start of winter. Anyway, a bit of a slow Halloween this year. Great picture, by the way! That's the funniest moment of the Halloween special..."I got a rock."

Stephen said...

I'm reminded of a song about blaming Canada. I think it's from South Park. Though I must say I've never seen the movie, but I have listened to the soundtrack.

In Winnipeg we got 15cm of snow (that's about 10in, from what they tell me). I wasn't there but I imagine there were lots of princesses and batmans that were extra chubby with uncostume like snowboots on.

Ever wonder what Dorothy would do if it was winter in OZ? How many rubbies would have to give their lives to those boots?