Thursday, December 21, 2006

Why Blog?

That's the question that's been asked around the college lately. Why blog? Isn't it like writing all of your thoughts for the public to see? Do you realize anyone can read them? Does it cheapen relationships? It's made for interesting discussion, especially when you throw in a handful of people that, until this conversation opened, didn't really know what a blog is.

Today I found this article on blogging. Just interesting.

So why do I blog? Because I can, really. Because I like to write and it's a good way for me to sort through some of the stuff I'm thinking about when there doesn't seem to be a lot of other avenues to do it...and it's fun to throw random pictures and comics in there once in a while. Until recently, I hadn't thought of it much as connecting, to be honest. I didn't really think too many people would read it but it is fun to know that people do (thanks guys!). I do use reading them that way though - it's fun to read others' posts and consider what they're thinking about. As far as if I'm concerned whether other people read it or not, I know full well that it's a possibility and that it's public. I have no dillusions of anonymity. My theory is this, if my momma can read it and Jesus knows I wrote it, I'm good to go. Nothing to worry about.

Anyway, it's something to ponder...its been good for me to reconsider too. Why do you blog? What are you after? Do you realize that people can read it (even if you think they won't)?

No comments: