Tuesday, February 13, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things

Favorite book? This one is tricky. There's so many good books out there! I finished 'Shogun' not that long ago and it was great. 'Memoirs of a Geisha' gets right up there but my momma didn't like it and that almost never happens. 'The Allure of Hope' is one that has stuck with me for a long long time. Highly recommended. Oh, and anything John Elderidge or Eugene Peterson. Add Mark Buchanan to the list. Okay, so I like to read...I guess when it comes down to it, the Bible is the only book I read everyday and try to apply so does that make it the automatic favorite?

Favourite CD? Always changing. Right now, Continuum (John Mayer), Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Soundtrack, How To Save a Life (The Fray), Back to Bedlam (James Blunt)

Favorite website? http://www.tsn.ca/ or does itunes count? I LOVE itunes!!!

Favourite hot drink? COFFEE (Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte, low fat, half sweet, extra hot to be exact) but I'm resigned to forever being a tea granny too. Love tea.

Favorite cold drink? high quality h2o...with a side of lime juice

Favorite supper food (main dish)? something bbq'd

Favorite vegetable? mushrooms? I don't know...can we talk about fruit instead? (coincidentally, Dayna, I have a theory on how chocolate IS a vegetable...cocoa BEANS...hello!)

Favourite lunch food? pizza...I could live on pizza!

Favorite breakfast food? leftover pizza from lunch (seriously) or eggs. I love eggs...done just about any way. That's my Saturday morning, I'm not in a hurry treat!

Favourite snack food (sweet)? we probably don't even have to ask...starts with "c" and ends with "hocolate." I'm a big fan of anything that brings chocolate and nuts together. Like dipping a spoon into peanut butter and adding chocolate chips...simple taste really...

Favorite snack food (salty)? popcorn or nachos and salsa (momma's homemade salsa is best)

Favorite ethnic food? It's a toss up between East Indian or Vietnamese...probably East Indian

Favourite sport (to play)? Volleyball

Favorite sport (to watch)? Hockey

Favourite season? Summer...oh those summer days...

Favorite toy as a child? hot wheels, the toy tractor my dad bought me and, if you talk to my momma, boxes or anything else I could turn into something useful! Like I said, simple taste...

Favourite vacation spot? Right now I'm thinking warm with beaches and blue water. Perhaps some palm trees and drinks with little umbrellas in them. Sun. Did I say warm? And enough time to read a couple of good books. Haven't been there yet but I sure plan to soon...

Favorite ice cream flavor? Rocky Road...or just something chocolate and nutty...has anyone else visited the Marble Slab? Sooo good!

Favorite smell? fresh cut grass/hay, dirt or, wait, the "just after the rain" smell outside...all those good fresh farm smells (I said "good" smells)

Favourite car? mine!

Favorite flower? Hibiscus

Favorite perfume? uh oh...no idea...

Favorite item of clothing? my ABC sweatpants and adidas running shoes!

Favourite "board" game? Settlers of Catan

Favorite quote? Perseverance builds character, character hope and hope does not disappoint...that's from that smarty pants Paul (Romans 5!)

No comments: