Thursday, April 12, 2007

Limiting Beliefs

I've been thinking a lot about moving forward, about growth and about perseverance. What does that mean for me? What does that mean for those that I journey with? What does that look like? There are times that I see visions of what the future could be so clearly and yet I feel so rooted, so trapped, in the imperfect presence. What is it that keeps us from moving forward? What are the barriers? Steve wrote a post a while back about limiting beliefs which I've pondered for quite a while. I know much of those plague me as I think of becoming more of the woman that God intends me to be.

I encourage you to check out his post and the article he links it to...and pray. Pray for those around you who need to overcome the lies. Pray for the Church: that we can move beyond the perceptions of the world and the tainted marks of our history and become (or continue to be) the unstoppable kingdom instrument that God intends us to be. And pray with thanksgiving. God has a plan for each one of us, plans for us to prosper and be a part of His good purposes. He chooses to use us and include us in His work of redeeming humanity and reclaiming them to himself. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by that but I'm thankful.

"I can do all things through him who gives me strength." That's the verse that scrolls across my screen when my screensaver is activated.

It's easy to believe the limiting beliefs but today I choose to believe in truth, to believe in Him.

I can...through Him.

No comments: