Sunday, April 22, 2007

Snuffing Out the Flames


Okay, so anyone that knows me even a little bit knows that I am NOT a fan of the Calgary Flames. In fact, today, someone asked me if I was one of those who was a fan of anyone who played Calgary. No, that's not true. This Calgary-Detroit playoff series was tough on me. I don't really care for either team. That said, I was pulling for Detroit, if only slightly and only because someone had to go on. The Calgary fans I'm surrounded by would be incorrigible so, therefore, a girl does the smart thing and pulls for the Wings.


Now that that's out of the way, I do have something to say about the Flames. Actually, one Flame. Kipper. The guy is outstanding. I've watched a lot of hockey. Enough to know that that is one incredible goalie. Tonight's game was the second game of this series that he faced over 50 shots (while his team shot under 20!). Amazing.


So, truth be told, I'm sad for Kipper. Sad that he can't go on. Sad that he won't be winning a Stanley Cup. And, truthfully, sad he plays for the Flames.


That's right. I said it.

No comments: