Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Overtime Hero

After tonight's game, it's hard to say who actually holds the place of hero in my heart; Garon or Cogliano. Perhaps even bumping Gagner who has been my hockey hero of late.

Edmonton wins in overtime again. Yes, again. That makes 3 in a row, not to mention the NHL record they're setting for most overtime wins. What's better is that it's 3 in a row that Cogliano has scored the winner. That's a record the NHL doesn't even have a category for. I love it. When you're that good, they call you Mr. Mr Overtime, in fact. Plus, he has scored the game winner in 4 of the last 5 games that Edmonton has won. Then there's Garon. The guy is unbeatable in overtime.

Now, I know it would be better not to go to overtime but when your overtime record is as surprising as Edmonton's this season and you need the wins like Edmonton does, let's just say that I'll take 'em and savor every one!

No comments: